Apply for a TN Fair Price New Ration or Family Card Tamil Nadu | Download Application Form Online….
Anyone who is residing in Tamil Nadu state can apply for a TamilNadu Ration Card and get the benefits of the government of TN. The Public Distribution System in Tamil Nadu is so much helpful to the common people who were need some support to lead their lives. The PDS ensures the food security of the BPL families in the state.The government role is to provide good quality of Food Grains to the people and put a proper monitoring on the entire distribution in the state.The Food grains are distributed through the TamilNadu Fair Price Shops (FPS) in the state.
Civil Supplies and consumer protection Department has started some online facilities provided for Tamil Nadu Citizens like Apply for New Ration Card, Ration Card & Fair Shop Allotment Details, Current fire Shop Stock Status, Complaint Registration through their Department Official Website http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/default.php
How to Search TamilNadu Ration Card Application Status Details online
- The citizens of Tamil Nadu can log on to Civil Supplies Department Official Website http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/fairprice.htm
- Then Click on “Ration Card & Fire Price Shops” option
- Here you will see “Family Card Application form” Option, the form is available in two languages English and Tamil.
- Click below if you want to download them directly
- English Format: http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/pdf/Resiproof_e_appln.PDF
- Tamil Format: http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/pdf/Resiproof_t_appln.PDF
Different Types of Ration Cards in Tamil Nadu?
- Public Distribution System in Tamil Nadu has three types of cards based on the income of a family they are given below:
- All Commodity cards (Green colour): issued to cardholders choosing rice as well as all other essential commodities.
- Sugar cards (White): issued to people opting for sugar instead of rice.
- No commodity cards (White): issued to cardholders who do not wish to get any commodity under Public Distribution System.
Eligibility to apply for a new TamilNadu Ration Card:
The applicant and his/her family must be
- Indian citizens
- Living and cooking separately
- ordinarily resident in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family or ration card in any State in India
- The applicant or any of his/her family members must not be a member in any other family card in Tamil Nadu
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives
How to New TamilNadu Ration Card Details is processed in Tamil Nadu?
- A filled in Application (in the new format above) should be signed or thumb-impression and submitted along other documents required.
- The application form filed by you is sent for field verification.
- Officers will come for verification and visit the house of the applicant and makes sure that the applicant is living and cooking separately and to verify the use of LPG by the family.
- When inspecting house the officer may ask for proof of identity (official ID card) before letting him inspect the premises.
- Within 30 days of the application being filed the inspection will be done by the AC or TSO office. In case, the inspection by the officer concerned does not happen within 30 days, please talk to the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer concerned.
- After all the above process if the application is found fit by the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer concerned as per the above eligibility conditions, then the application is approved and sent for printing of the family card.